Last Modified: December 17, 2019
Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
What information we collect from visitors to our website depends upon how visitors choose to interact with us through the website. “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you. It does not include aggregated or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with or reasonably linked to you. Examples of PII that can be used to identify or contact you, include your name, telephone number, email address, postal address, or billing information.
The following is a list of types of information we may collect and ways in which it is collected:
- Information you provide to us directly. Some features of the website may require that you provide us with personal information such as your name and email as a condition of accessing and using those features, and some features of the website may give you the option to provide personal information. If we offer services or promotions that require registration, we will ask you for personal information such as your name, email, and telephone number. If we charge a fee for any services on the website, we will request your name and credit card or other payment account information. You may of course choose to submit information to us in various ways as well, such as when you contact us by email or through the “Contact Us” section of our Sites. When you apply for a job with us, we may receive information such as current and past employer, job titles, and any other Personal Information you include in documents such as your resume. We may also receive
We will use the information you provide us to communicate with you directly about the Sites and about any questions, issues or concerns you or other users have; facilitate the services or promotions, provide customer service or feedback; respond to employment opportunities for which you’ve applied, in compliance with applicable laws and regulations; and send you marketing communications, including news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners, in accordance with your preferences.
- Information we receive from third party sites you connect to our Service. We may receive personal information about you from third parties and combine that with information we collect through our Sites. For example, we may obtain information when you login through a third party social network or authentication service, such as Facebook, Google, or Indeed. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, which could include your name, email address, address book and contacts, or other information used, for example, to apply for a job with us. Similarly, when you interact with us through a social media site or third party service, such as when you like, follow or share Carrix content on LinkedIn, Youtube, or other sites, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, user ID associated with your social media account, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive from these third party sites is dependent upon that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third party site. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service. We will use this information to authenticate your account, to provide you services, to communicate with you, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Information we receive from third parties. From time to time, we may receive information about you from third parties and other users, including information about you from our partners including, but not limited to distribution partners, investors, or customers. We may combine this information with other information we collect from or about you. In these cases, our Policy governs the handling of the combined information. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available. We may use this information to coordinate events, facilitate survey activities, identify prospective customers, conduct marketing or analytics activities, and prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity.
- Other Carrix Entities. We may receive information about you from other Carrix companies, businesses, brands and affiliated entities in our family of companies, so that information you provide to one brand may be used by another brand to provide you services or to communicate with you.
Information Collected through Tracking Technologies
To provide a personalized and high-quality experience for our users, we, and our third party partners, may use various technologies that automatically record certain technical information from your browser or device when you visit our website, read our emails, use our Service or otherwise engage with us. This information is typically collected through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”).
We, and our third-party partners, use these Tracking Technologies to automatically collect usage and device information, such as:
- Information about how you access the Sites. This information includes your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account, and other such information.
- Information about how you use the Sites. For example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Sites, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Sites from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Sites.
- Information about the computer, tablet, smartphone or other device you use. When you access our Sites from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google AdID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address.
- Analytics information. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Sites and to understand more about our users by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website. You can learn more about Google’s practices at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and view its currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Cross-device tracking. We may also work with third party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which permit us to recognize and contact you across multiple devices.
We, or the third party partners we use, may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) identify and contact you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (e) perform analytics and detect usage patterns on our Service; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; (g) detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities, and (h) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
Your choices to control tracking technologies. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies.
Please note that not accepting cookies may negatively impact your experience using the Site, as some features and services on our Site may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies and you may not be able to block non-cookie technologies and these browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on such techniques. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
Do Not Track Signals. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser or mobile application at this time.
Sharing of Personal Information
Carrix processes the PII of its website visitors in the following ways:
- Within Carrix. We share Personal Information within Carrix companies, businesses, brands and affiliated entities in our family of companies for purposes and uses that are consistent with this Policy. For example, we may share Personal Information about you to process and fulfill your order or to facilitate communication between you and a local Carrix representative.
- Service Providers. We may share Personal Information with our selected suppliers, service providers, and partner websites to facilitate providing the Sites or services to you. For example, we may provide such information to third parties that are involved with operating and maintaining the website (including for example where another company provides website hosting, customer support, or email message deployment Sites for us), performing business and sales analysis, improving the website, identifying and serving targeted advertisement or mailing services, among other things.
- Suppliers and Distributors. We share Personal Information with suppliers and distributors for purposes of developing and executing proposed and completed transactions facilitated by us, as well as to improve performance, products, and services. Our suppliers and distributors also use the Personal Information for their internal purposes (including administrative purposes).
- Business Partners. We share Personal Information with third parties with whom we do business and who may use that information for their marketing and business purposes, including without limitation, to inform and improve third-party advertising. These business partners may use this information according to their own privacy policies. Please see “Your Choices” to learn how you may be able to limit some third-party data sharing.
Business Transaction or Reorganization. In connection with a significant transaction or proposed transaction involving Carrix, such as a merger, acquisition, event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, we may transfer personal and other information to another company.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising
Interest Based Advertising. We participate in interest-based advertising and use third party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. We may share, or we may permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third party services, to collect, information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display targeted ads on other devices you may use, and on other websites, services, including on Facebook. These third parties may collect information such as click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site, mobile device identifiers, and/or precise geolocation data and other information. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research.
Social Media Widgets and Advertising. Our Service may include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, LinkedIn, or other widgets. These social media companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to our Sites, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies.
We display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Google and others. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our Service while those users are on the social media platform, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them.
Cross-Device Linking. We, or our third party partners, may link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising on another device. We do this by collecting information about each device you use when you are logged in to our Service. We may also work with third party partners who employ tracking technologies, or the application of statistical modeling tools, to determine if two or more devices are linked to a single user or household. We may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) with third party advertising partners to help recognize you across devices. We, and our partners, can use this cross-device linkage to serve interest-based advertising and other personalized content to you across your devices, to perform analytics and to measure the performance of our advertising campaigns.
- Cookies and Flash cookies. Most browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to: (i) notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Blocking or deleting cookies may negatively impact your experience using the Site, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly.
- Interest-based advertising. To learn about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the DAA’s resources at aboutads.info/choices. Cross-device linking. Please note that opting-out of receiving interest-based advertising through the NAI’s and DAA’s online resources will only opt-out a user from receiving interest-based ads on that specific browser or device, but the user may still receive interest-based ads on his or her other devices. You must perform the opt-out on each browser or device you use.
- Mobile advertising. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
Some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, change your browser settings, switch browsers or computers, or use another operating system, you will need to opt-out again.
Google Analytics and Advertising
We use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our site on your browser or mobile device, , or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed email address, with Google to facilitate the service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our Site and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google’s site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the Doubleclick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences or by vising NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
- Email Communications Preferences. From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to our Sites, products or services, notices about our organization, or information about products/services we offer. If you wish to unsubscribe from such emails, simply click the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. Note that you may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Sites, technical and security notices).
- Modifying or Deleting Your Information. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our website or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at Privacy@Carrix.com. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances, unless required by applicable law.
We take security measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information. You should be aware, however, that no transmission over the Internet, and no electronic data storage method, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the personal information you provide us either during its transmission or its storage on our computers.
Company does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on this Service. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at Data.Privacy@Carrix.com.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. Contact us to opt-out of having your Personal Information shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes by emailing us at Data.Privacy@Carrix.com.
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
1131 SW Klickitat Way
Seattle, WA 98134